2017 seems to have passed in a flurry of activity. As we sprint into the fourth quarter, use these financial assessment tips from Forbes to take stock of your finances.
Forbes End of the Year Financial Assessment Tips
- Assess how close you are to your 2017 financial goals.
- Take a long hard look at your current cash flow and look for ‘painless’ savings.
- Manage your asset allocation, re-calculate your risk, and re-allocate if necessary.
- Estimate if you will be able to maximize your 401k and IRA contributions by the end of the year.
- Take the time to consult with your Las Vegas financial planners and tax specialists.
- Consider selling losing positions to offset gains elsewhere.
- Prepare for any mutual fund distributions by calling your financial advisor in Las Vegas or your mutual fund company to estimate any distributions and gains.
- Check the status of your Flexible Savings Account (FSA).
- Take a look at your homeowners’ insurance to see if the coverage you have makes sense.
- Take a moment and consider what upcoming life events you may face in the new year.
Make financial planning in Las Vegas easy by becoming your own banker
Following these financial assessment tips is a great way to take stock of your fiscal situation but working with a Las Vegas financial planner will help you ensure long-term financial stability and success. As financial advisors in Las Vegas with more than 150 years of collective experience, we have witnessed the power of becoming your own banker in our lives and those of our clients.
Start the New Year with a New Financial Legacy
Financial planning is a process that never ends. Reviewing your year-to-date progress and thinking ahead are crucial. Talk to our financial planning Las Vegas firm for financial assessment tips that will empower your long-term legacy.